iPhone 13 Pro main camera is worse than my 12 Mini

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
OP tomatoketchup Forum Member • Posts: 72
Re: iPhone 13 Pro main camera is worse than my 12 Mini

Charlene_S wrote:

I read your post and yesterday noticed that some photos I took of grand kids were soft and no matter how much sharpening I applied in native edit mode they were still soft. (I always use focus lock.) Then I compared them to the first photos I took right after I received my phoneafter and they were sharp and crisp. I realized the soft photos appeared after I had set the photo quality to the vibrant setting. Took two photos today if same subject/ same light, locked focus and again noticed the pic taken in vibrant mode was softer. Hopes this helps.

I--
Charlene Ahrens
charahrens.smugmug.com

Thanks for your input.  When I tested the 13 Pro, I had it on the default setting; I don't ever use the filters and didn't try out the different profiles.  I also shot some pictures in both ProRAW and regular RAW using the Lightroom app and got the exact same results.

In the end I decided to send the phone back to Apple and got my money back.  It wasn't enough of an improvement over my current phone to be worth $1000.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow