Olympus M Pro lenses

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
John Mason
John Mason Veteran Member • Posts: 6,154
love the 1.2 series of lenses - feathered bokeh :)

Plakanina wrote:

so does that mean all other lenses in the family are inferior and if so why are they so expensive ?

I've had many lenses including the Nokcticron 42.5 1.2 as well as the 75 1.8, 45 1.8 and the 25 1.4 Panleica but as these little 1.2 from Olympus came out I bought them, compared to the others I already had and sold off the others.  The 75 1.8, was really good, the distance for typical shooting was too far in most cases.
The feathered bokeh feature  of the 17, 25, and 45 1.2 pro lenses is for real.  It's one of the sweetest trios of primes I've ever shot with!
That being said, the there are no slouches in the line up and I still have the 12 f.2 when I wand to go really small.  The pro lenses with the pull back for manual focus, weather sealing, consistent top notch color and clarity do cost more to produce and thus acquire.

-- hide signature --

John Mason - Battle Ground, Indiana USA

John Mason's gear list:John Mason's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus OM-D E-M1X Sony a1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 +19 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow