What Camera For 1080p Video?

Started 2 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Batdude
Batdude Veteran Member • Posts: 5,357
What Camera For 1080p Video?

Hi guys,

I hope I can get some help here. Are any of you here video experts?

My wife and I are professional photographers but have never done videos. She has done several pretty cool videos but with her cell phone. My wife now wants to move up and away from the cell phone, one reason because whenever we use our lights a weird dot or dots (a reflection of our lights) show up in the video with her cell phone, some dots that are really unpleasant to see specially as she is physically moving. Then again my question is will those dots still show if we buy a more "professional" or formal mirrorless camera for videos? Do we have to get rid of our lights and buy different type of lights? From what my wife told me I think those reflective dots show up with any lights so at this point we are assuming is the cell phone that causes that?

The next issue. I'm really not interested in doing 4K. Her computer does NOT handle 4K, I already told her but she doesn't understand that, so my question to you is can we do really high quality videos and have the capability to make all those "film" like looking videos in 1080p mode? Is that possible?

What about software? All that confusing VLOG CLOG technical stuff that I have no clue what that means, is it possible to make those really nice looking high quality film like videos at 1080p with a specific type of software?

The last thing. Will it be better to get a FF sensor to get cleaner images such as the S1, specially since I would like to just do 1080p, at least for now?  What about a smaller Panasonic m43 camera?  What do those do vs a Panasonic S1?

Thanks!

Batdude's gear list:Batdude's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +8 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow