Lightroom - where's my files?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NancyP Veteran Member • Posts: 6,548
Lightroom - where's my files?

I launch Lightroom Classic, hook up my card reader with CF card, and try to import images on the card. It shows me that images from session #1 are available to import, but not the images from the subsequent photo session #2. Session #1 already was imported, so I don't need to do that again. Normally I reformat after every session, but didn't this time. Lightroom Classic tells me that it has already imported session #2 in its own folder DCIM, but this of course is the card itself. In addition to session #2, there seems to be "ghost" images, quite old, shouldn't be there since I normally format card between uses (though I don't always low-level format). LrC won't let me import this session #2 onto the computer hard drive. What's up?

I feel like I ought to just give up on  recovering the session #2 and low level format the card (which is a perfectly good-until-now SanDisk 64 GB card, not a no-name card) - BUT - I REALLY would like to understand what I am doing wrong here, instead of giving up. I have been using Lightroom since Lr3, that's 10+ years of Lr, so I feel downright stupid at the moment.

-- hide signature --

NancyP

NancyP's gear list:NancyP's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow