Bought a faulty Pentax-DA 11-18?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GoodD New Member • Posts: 7
Bought a faulty Pentax-DA 11-18?

Dears,

I've been reading this forum for years, thanks for all the photos, discussions, tips&trics, et cetera!

Now it's time to ask a first question, actually it's a call for help

Today I received a brand-new star -> Pentax-DA 11-18mmF2.8 and made a short trip to the downtown late afternoon. I played with the lens but the results were... incosistent (not to say terrible).

I took several photos not changing the settings nor the scenery but there was a huge difference in the exposure level of the photos.

The lens works well at 11mm but at 18mm it looks like the aperture sometimes is not closed enough (or at all).

I ended up doing a quick test. A series of photos with the same parameters, same scenery, You can see them below.

Taken with K-3II, firmware v1.10. No postprocessing applied, just resized.

Perhaps it is worth mentioning that I made the same test with DA 20-40 Ltd. and every picture had the same level of exposure. No problems with the body I assume.

Is that something wrong with the lens or did I use it improperly? Do I need to upgrade the firmware to the newest one to make the lens work?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow