Best primes for travel

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Fujijitsu
Fujijitsu Senior Member • Posts: 1,140
Re: Best primes for travel

fujicolors wrote:

MarcusGeneva wrote:

Thanks! So in the Fuji World, what would be wider in terms of primes? 14mm? Or do I need to go for the 8-16 zoom, which I was hoping to avoid?

Dont get me wrong, the fuji 16mm f1.4 is an AWESOME lens, just specifically for cave type shots, its not wide enough, especially because you are kind of in close quarters, the grandiose wide view of these caves were not translated the same from what my natural eyes were experiencing and what I captured with the 16mm...in a tightish cave situation. Not Fuji, but I know there are wider 3rd party lenses that are pretty cheap but great. One prime that I hear great things about is the Samyang 12mm f2. Its almost less than 300 dollars i think.

The XC15-45 may be worth considering?  Low cost, especially used, light weight and sharp wide open at 15mm - which is noticeably wider than the 16.  It's a cheap auto-focus wide angle with a free zoom to 45 thrown in.

The motor zoom is not for everyone, but that's  not an issue if it's mainly used at 15mm.  Then add the WR 35mm f2 for when you want a weather resistant standard lens.

Fujijitsu's gear list:Fujijitsu's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Fujifilm X-E2
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow