EOS R card failure ever happen?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ZX11
OP ZX11 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,480
Re: EOS R card failure ever happen?

RogerZoul wrote:

ZX11 wrote:

Has anyone ran into issues with the single card slot in the EOS R? When it first came out the camera body was getting it's first look by a bunch of photographers and right away someone had a card failure that lost pictures. Proof dual card slots are essential.

Not proof they are essential, but if your images can't be reproduced (such as a wedding day that can't be done over), then it is best to have a backup. For many that is not the case. One could also use a single slot and smaller cards, and just swap in new cards more often. This can minimize loss of images.

Failure should be happening all the time since the single slot failure happened the first hour the newly introduced camera was used.

Card failure or slot failure? These are not the same thing. It is important to understand the difference.

Card failure.  The influencers were in Hawaii with Canon showing the camera to them for the first time.  They were speculating, then us on DPreview, how the single slot was a deal breaker.  Then one of the influencers, who didn't like one card slot, sure enough had the failure they were speculating about.  Lost a shot just like they feared they would.

So since it is history now.  Facts are available, by asking, to see if in fact card failure caused the R to lose lots of photos or a critical photo.  I was wondering how it panned out after sooo much discussion.

The R6 is fine.  The R5 is the most capable for what I want to do and is in my budget.  No hurry though.

-- hide signature --

"Very funny, Scotty! Now beam me down my clothes."
"He's dead, Jim! You grab his tri-corder. I'll get his wallet."

ZX11's gear list:ZX11's gear list
Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon 70-200 F2.8L III Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow