History repeating itself in the market

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Guy Parsons
Guy Parsons Forum Pro • Posts: 37,374
Re: Not quite the same...

Phil A Martin wrote:

And I wonder what percentage of people buy the phone for the camera rather than for communication and social media, eBay and Facebook, TikTok and what's app, watching TV and YouTube, or even just for games and texting. Maybe even for phoning people? We cannot assume all sales are based on the camera. I suspect that sector is a minority of sales, maybe a large minority but a minority nonetheless.

I'm in the small percentage that didn't have a smartphone, but then all the pesky Covid-19 QR code check-ins stuff at stores and venues caused me to buy a cheapo smartphone.

No social media viewing (on any device for that matter) it's only used for those check in-out situations and now to display my vaccination passport. Otherwise it's of no use at all. Don't ask me the phone's number as I don't have a clue.

By the way, its 12MP camera does give OK images to see on its own screen, they look a bit bad when transferred to the computer and inspected closely. Of course it's a total cow to use as a camera, very awkward to hold with unpredictable "shutter" touch operation, so it never gets used for that.

Summary: This little bunny never bought the 'phone for its camera, I use a camera when I want to use a camera.

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow