Burnt out on my x100f

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Siralgovia Forum Member • Posts: 93
Re: Burnt out on my x100f

I have my 'arsenal' of cameras and lenses and I use different cameras and different lenses on different days. Each camera/lens has its own quirks and switching keeps up the excitement for me. I'm definitely a hobby photographer and the cameras themselves give me joy, I don't just use them strictly as tools, they are also my toys. But to battle GAS I made a pact with myself that I won't buy anything new unless I sell a piece of my current collection.

Fuji Xpro-1 and X-A2, Samsung Galaxy NX and NX Mini, Ricoh GXR and all modules, Panasonic G9 and GM-1. There are countless variations here with different lenses. The G9 is my main camera and I just took it to and used it in Germany for 3 weeks (along with the X-A2 which I had bought there and left at my parents' house). When I got back I also was a little 'burnt out' on the G9 and am using my Samsungs for a while now. That way things stay fresh.

I can imagine a professional photographer will shake their head reading this. I'm a professional skier and own a ski school, I don't care which ski I'm on as long as it works for the class I'm teaching. If I teach bumps all week I don't get burned out on the ski I'm using as long as it does the job. Though I have several of my 'hobby skier' students who own a collection of very similar spec'ed skis and they switch them around, but for the most part switching skis does not make them better skiers.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rsn
rsn
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow