Burnt out on my x100f

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Les Lammers
Les Lammers Veteran Member • Posts: 4,158
Re: Burnt out on my x100f

Brian Homer wrote:

Different kit is rarely the answer and having a choice of FLs is not necessarily the answer. I think everyone goes through periods of wondering why I certainly have. Having a purpose can help so way back when I was doing more pro work I dropped casual photography for instance. Rather than thinking about kit why not set yourself some projects (ideally fun and interesting). They could be anything that you find interesting - other hobbies, neighbourhood, etc and using the camera you already have create a series of images that tell a story. The native lens on your F is 35mm equivalent and that has been used for many documentary and art images over the years. And don't forget in .jpg only you have the digital zoom which works well enough for your immediate purposes and gives you 50 and 70mm equivalents to try out. 35, 50 and 70 are plenty to cover a project from wider environmental shots to closer portrait images.

I used the digital zoom on my X-100V at the Grand Canyon. It was hazy and smokey from the western fires. I was pleased with the results.

Les Lammers's gear list:Les Lammers's gear list
Ricoh GR Fujifilm X100V Ricoh GR IIIx Fujifilm X-E4 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rsn
rsn
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow