7DIII?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
davev8
davev8 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,580
Re: Let it go...

Tannin wrote:

Back to the original topic - when will there be a replacement for the 7D II?

Answer: it has already been replaced by a camera which is very similar but superior in a number of respects, and inferior only in one - frame rate. The 5D IV has been my 7D II replacement, and it has brought >>better noise,<<<< better AF, better low-light AF, >>higher resolution,<<

this is not so when you are focal length restricted like birding ETC .. when you crop by 1.6X you well have less resolution and the same noise

The only canon camera that can replace the 7Dmkii at the moment is the R5..and it will be an upgrade in every way ,,but at a cost

improved controls, bigger, brighter viewfinder .... and I don't miss the frame rate even though I've owned a series of fast cameras including 7D, 7D II, 1D III and 1D IV.

I still have my 7D II and use it often, but as a second or third camera behind the superb-in-all-respects 5D IV.

-- hide signature --

Attention Dislexsic i mean dyslexic person... This post will have many although spell checked, spelling and grammatical errs ..its The best its going get so no need to tell me it is bad I know it is .....................................................................................................
the EOS M is not dead and wont be for a long time ....as long as you don't want a flagship camera with a VF...if that's the case it died sometime ago
My 5D IS a MK1 classic
.........................................................................................................
There is no argument for FF vs APS-c (or m43) with shallow DOF..as it's a law of physics and a very subjective personal thing if you want to make use of the shallow DOF only FF can offer
.....................................................................................................
If you wait for a camera that will tick all your boxes ....by then you will have more boxes to tick..... so the wait continues .....David Appleton

davev8's gear list:davev8's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow