History repeating itself in the market

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Phil A Martin
Phil A Martin Veteran Member • Posts: 7,059
Re: One thing I've never seen discussed

tex wrote:

"Buyers" of new phones are often actually more like leasers, in that your service provider often amortizes the full cost of the phone and spreads it out into your service plan. I know of few/no camera & lens situations comparable, except just using a credit card. But that's different in that there's no service plan.

I know I have never bought a phone outright. The closest I've gotten to that was paying for half of my current phone up front.

And here on this forum we speak of the camera capabilities, but of course phones are so much more than that today. They are really pocket computers. I probably use my phone more for texting, emailing, navigation, searches, and the like than I do as a traditional telephone. I certainly use it for all of those things more than I use it as a camera.

That's my experience as well. I use my phone for all sorts of things, for everything you suggest to listening to the radio and I rarely use the camera and I suspect that's the experience of a majority of users.

-- hide signature --

tex_andrews, Andrews Fine Arts LLC, museum photography and art handling contractor.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow