nikon z 6 ii vs sony a7 iii vs canon R6 for video

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Ralph Encarnacion Senior Member • Posts: 2,321
Re: nikon z 6 ii vs sony a7 iii vs canon R6 for video

When looking at getting a new camera, you need to look at the lenses that are available for that system. There is no sense getting a fancy new camera, if nobody makes the lens you want. For me, I wanted to record longer than 30 minutes, that eliminated most cameras right there, since a lot of cameras still shut off at 29 minutes. I also wanted a camera with excellent autofocus, that made the list even smaller. I also wanted a flip out screen instead of a flip up screen. I ended up getting a Sony A7SIII, mainly because it's the best video camera made, but it's not exactly cheap, and neither are the lenses. For travel, I use a Sony ZV-1, which is basically a miniature A7SIII. If I was getting a camera today, I would wait for the A7IV, and see if that has the features I need, and according to all the rumors, it appears to be the camera to get this year. The A7C is probably the best camera for the money in the Sony line up.

Ralph Encarnacion's gear list:Ralph Encarnacion's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 950 Sony RX100 II Sony RX100 V Sony DSC-RX0 Canon EOS 5D Mark II +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow