7DIII?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Distinctly Average Senior Member • Posts: 1,206
Re: R6

IR1234 wrote:

Mark B. wrote:

IR1234 wrote:

Chuck6345 wrote:

Still any reliable info on a possible Canon 7Diii before the 3rd millennium?

The 7D3 is out there - it's the R6.

No, it's not.

Why? Because it says 6?

Look at the specs of the two cameras, they are nearly identical with the exception of APS-C and Full Frame.

Where is the APS-C camera in the RF range? There isn't one. Canon literally aren't making one and have set the RP at the new entry level price point and that too is full frame.

We are over 3 years into the RF range - and no APS-C camera. And the 7D2 is now 7 years old and still "no replacement". Yet there is a replacement camera that is identical on nearly every spec - apart from sensor size.

We're a big 7D/7D2 user, we have something like 6 7Ds and 5 7D2s in our fleet. But face it, there is no 7D2 APS-C replacement. The next move is the R6.

I think there have been a lot of delays for Canon what with the pandemic and more importantly, the component shortages. They are suffering and it would be mad to release models when you k is you cannot supply them. So what do they do? Well, if you delay a model you then have to look at its specs. If in the year or two delay it has fallen behind the competition then you need to do something to bring it back as a contender. It is not easy by any means.

I do think there will be more APS-C bodies, probably next year. Whether they will be a 7D replacement I do not know, only Canon do. There is demand out there and competition from Sony and Fuji. Will be interesting to see how it played out. As it stands the R5 is the nearest to a 7D2, not the R6 simply down to pixels on subject.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow