Win11 adaptation poll

Started 7 months ago | Polls thread
CBR1100XX Senior Member • Posts: 1,315
Re: I will wait at least 1 year

jboyer wrote:

GodSpeaks wrote:

... or maybe longer.

The first release of anything from MS is usually very buggy, with many things still a work in progress. There is also the issue of many changes that may not be popular with the installed base. It will take MS 1 if not 2 or 3 major updates to fix the issues and respond to user discontent. After the 3rd update, Win11 may be usable.

I waited over 2 years to upgrade to 10 (from 7). Never used Vista or Win8/8.1.

This is NOT a first release. It is mostly an evolution of W10, I will bet that most of the core code is pretty similar. You cannot compare, say Vista to W7 or 7 to 10. These were different beasts. Overall, W10 is over 6 years old, making W11 close to the same age.

There's a few changes to the backend but this will really matter more with specific programs interacting with specific hardware configurations with some bugs and slowdowns being reported.  Overall it looks like a really smooth rollout though so once it's been out for a bit and those bugs/performance hiccups have been smoothed out I don't see any issues with moving to it.

It's definitely no ME, Vista, or 8 all of which I skipped.  Oh and the one thing I'm interested in seeing just out of curiosity  is how the scheduler works with Alder Lake's Big LITTLE design VS 10 since that's been hyped up a bit.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
jfk
(unknown member)
jfk
MOD Austinian
(unknown member)
MOD Austinian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow