Burnt out on my x100f

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
GreatOceanSoftware
GreatOceanSoftware Contributing Member • Posts: 528
Re: Burnt out on my x100f

I can only add two comments to what’s already been said.

The first is I’ve been shooting for 45 years, and there’s been times when I’ve gone a year or longer without shooting. So I don’t think it’s unusual. Same goes for my other lifelong hobbies as well.

The second is that I do find some value in collecting gear. It may be as much as 70/30 for me (70% shooting/30% collecting gear) that keeps my interest going. I’m pretty sure there are a few on the forum that own most, if not all of the X system. But sometimes you don’t have to spend a lot to try new things. With the fixed lens camera you’re a bit more limited, of course. But used equipment, low cost manual lenses, creative filters, macro extension tubes, etc. are some examples. I’ve been recently thinking of searching for a solar filter to use on my 100-400 to shoot sunspots. I have a pair for my binoculars and it’s a lot of fun to use.

Anyway, good luck with your future purchases. Inspiration can come from unexpected directions.

-- hide signature --

Randy

GreatOceanSoftware's gear list:GreatOceanSoftware's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-E4 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rsn
rsn
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow