7DIII?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
davev8
davev8 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,451
Re: Let it go...

Tannin wrote:

Mark B. wrote:

No. Canon has made it about as obvious as they can without actually putting out a press release that there will be no more DSLRs developed. Mirrorless is what they are doing now. Whether not there will be a Mirrorless APS-C remains to be seen.

If this is true, they are mad. Stark, raving mad. SLR lovers are standing around with money in their pockets waiting for things to buy. No 7D III, no 5D V, what were they thinking?

i think you are in the minority ...you only have to see what happened to Sony A mount when sony bring the E mount out..A mount went from 12-14% market share to 0.04% in a few short years and that was with a not very good  lens adaptor from A to E mount..as all EF lenses from 1987 work natively and most cases better on RF mount unless you just don't like EVFs an ML is better at everything so the majority of folk have no reason not to upgrade to a ML

I'm an examp0le. I used to spend a fortune on cameras and lenses. These last few years, I've spent that same money on musical instruments because there aren't any nice cameras to buy that I haven't already got (yes, I tried an R for a year- it was awful), and only one lens I particularly fancy (the 400 DO/4 - and I'm reluctant to buy one of those when I Canon won't guarantee production of bodies to suit it for its expected working life). Multiply me by the thousands upon thousands of others out there who are now sitting on their wallets because Canon is too stupid to service a ready market, and we are talking serious money they have walked away from.

you see canon knows the exact number of DSLRs sold and as canon waited so long to go ML i can bet my bottom quid (dollar for them across the pond) that canon will have milked the DSLR  market dry....i don't think Canon is stupid in fact the reverse i think they have played the market very well as their market share testify ..its still increasing faster than anyone else

-- hide signature --

Attention Dislexsic i mean dyslexic person... This post will have many although spell checked, spelling and grammatical errs ..its The best its going get so no need to tell me it is bad I know it is .....................................................................................................
the EOS M is not dead and wont be for a long time ....as long as you don't want a flagship camera with a VF...if that's the case it died sometime ago
My 5D IS a MK1 classic
.........................................................................................................
There is no argument for FF vs APS-c (or m43) with shallow DOF..as it's a law of physics and a very subjective personal thing if you want to make use of the shallow DOF only FF can offer
.....................................................................................................
If you wait for a camera that will  tick all your boxes ....by then you will have more boxes to tick..... so the wait continues .....David Appleton

davev8's gear list:davev8's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow