Looks like GT-2 can deliver a full APSC 60 mm and more!

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
OP rondom Veteran Member • Posts: 3,520
cautiously optimistic

sprocket-docket wrote:

Raist3d wrote:

Why would Ricoh who designed the camera not go with 60mm if they could? It sure doesn't make sense- unless they have some very good reasons not to allow it.

I trust they are making the right calls as probably people would be complaining about losing sharpness and what nots- which are trademarks of their performance and look with the GR. So yeah, I won't be doing this.

What we cannot see in the video is probably what is wrong with the teleconverter at 60mm: either vignetting or very soft corners or bad chromatic aberrations or some mix. Recall that vignette is not the only thing that goes south outside of the center of a frame.

Just like everyone else, i can't see any reason why they wouldn't add the option when it's available....

but

The 2nd and 3rd screenshots from the video, which I shared above, shows the converter lens placed in front of the GR3x before the camera switches to crop mode, and vignetting is *clearly* not an issue.

It's obviously impossible to rule out other optical performance issues such as the ones you're referring to, but there are some architectural elements extending towards the edge of the scene, and they don't look soft to me at all.

It may not be "perfect", but i think it is still possible to hope that this would be an "almost ok" lens @60mm equiv APSC.

Having an "almost ok" lens before the crop is important for me, because I have other crazy plans with this combo and I won't let you guys ruin it for me

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow