What is your standard prime?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
idsurfer Contributing Member • Posts: 599
Re: Merlin5,

Merlin5 wrote:

sportyaccordy wrote:

Bright day + 1.4 aperture = fast shutter speeds. Really nothing weird about it. I think snapa assumed the car was moving and that every car photo should have a shutter speed slow enough to capture wheel motion.

Ah, good point. I'm glad there's nothing wrong with the shutter speed then. I'm used to shooting in manual and using aperture priority is relatively recent for me.

Agree with sportaccordy that there's nothing weird. You do understand what aperture priority is right? It's wonderful for many many situations. I use it 98% of the time. Though I do look at my SS's. If faster or slower than I'd like I adjust ISO or EC. In your case you could have been close to blowing out highlights (not that there are many in your shot). You could have dropped your ISO to 100 and had a SS of 1/2000. It's all about the exposure, not the setting #'s. Your exposure looks great. Who cares if SS is 1/4000. The cam did what it was supposed to do.

idsurfer's gear list:idsurfer's gear list
Sony a6400 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN Tamron 17-70 F2.8 Di III-A VC RXD
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow