7DIII?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
davev8
davev8 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,580
Re: Let it go...

Tannin wrote:

But you can't look through an EVF for extended periods of time.

It wrecks your eyes.

its no different to sitting in front of a computer screen all day..its the same LCD.. if it wrecks your eye that much it will be notable as it will only affect 1 eye

some are affected by the EVF, the flickering even if its not perceivable can give some folks headaces

(And kills the batteries.) This is a critical feature for wildlife shooters. Also, EVFs are awful in strong sidelight.

i dont find this one bit ...if sunlight is washing the image out this can only be the seal between the eyecup and the eye is ineffective ..if the standard eyecup is ineffective aftermarket ones are available

This last might be fixed one day. It is unlikely that the main issue ever will be.

(I owned and used an R for a year or more. In the end I gave up. It was horrible. Sold it for half what I paid.)

i made my post because your sweeping statement is untrue for most.. which was >>>Mirrorless viewfinders, on the other hand, are grossly inferior to good optical ones.<<<<

there are pros and cons to both, many including myself find the benefits of a modern EVF are an overwhelming advantage ...for me i cannot think of 1 advantage an OVF has over a good EVF

obviously, your mileage varies

you say in a previous post DSLR will be made for 30 years...maybe but they most probably will say Pentax on them

-- hide signature --

Attention Dislexsic i mean dyslexic person... This post will have many although spell checked, spelling and grammatical errs ..its The best its going get so no need to tell me it is bad I know it is .....................................................................................................
the EOS M is not dead and wont be for a long time ....as long as you don't want a flagship camera with a VF...if that's the case it died sometime ago
My 5D IS a MK1 classic
.........................................................................................................
There is no argument for FF vs APS-c (or m43) with shallow DOF..as it's a law of physics and a very subjective personal thing if you want to make use of the shallow DOF only FF can offer
.....................................................................................................
If you wait for a camera that will tick all your boxes ....by then you will have more boxes to tick..... so the wait continues .....David Appleton

davev8's gear list:davev8's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow