Test Tamron SP 35 mm F1.4 Di USD

Started Jul 31, 2019 | User reviews thread
mobydick Contributing Member • Posts: 617
Re: Test Tamron SP 35 mm F1.4 Di USD

I bought it in canon mount and adapted to S5 using sigma MC-21. Excellent performance optically !!!

solid SAF performance if you aren’t too demanding

I have it in Nikon mount and use it on DSLR and Z with FTZ adapter. In both cases, the AF is just fine, at least for static subjects. I have not many moving targets.

I had to dial in AF fine-tuning values both on the D7500 and on the Z6, but this is completely normal in my experience (I have barely any lens which does not profit from some AF fine-tuning). In my particular exemplar of this lens, the AF fine-tuning values are fine for the whole distance and aperture range. Therefore, for now I did not use the tap-in console with this lens (although I own it). However, I tested a second exemplar of this lens which was not that consistent on the D7500 and showed more focus shift when stopping down. This may have been caused by some small decentering in this second lens.

-- hide signature --

Wolfram

mobydick's gear list:mobydick's gear list
Nikon D7500 Nikon Z6 Nikon Coolpix P7700 Sony RX100 III Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 +31 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow