Nikon P1000 Jupiter and its satellites

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
LG72
OP LG72 Forum Member • Posts: 61
Re: Nikon P1000 Jupiter and its satellites

Hi,

Thank you.

If you want to get the planet details, I suggest you to use the video manual mode of nikon P1000,.

You can set shutter speed at 1/100 e.g. for Jupiter.

if you use the digital zoom 4x you can easily manually focus the planet.

A video of 3/4 minutes should be sufficient if the atmospheric turbulence is minimal. Then you will need to convert the 4k video in avi format with Pipp software and finally stacking the best frames with Avistack or registax.

Personally as equipment I use a photgraphic tripod with a manfrotto micrometric head and the vixen polarie. This equipment iwith my P1000 is stable and allow me to take good 4k videos in less than half an hour.

Please consider that the number of pixels of the planet will be very low so it's important to improve the information of every single pixel.

Here below you can see the 'true' number of pixel of Jupiter and Saturn (stacked pictures) with optical zoom at 3.000 mm vs the same images enlarged with digital zoom 4x.

Above stacked pictures of Jupiter and Saturn at 3.000 mm optical zoom compared below with the same images enlarged 4x digital zoom

Bye

-- hide signature --

LG72

LG72's gear list:LG72's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P1000
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow