Is there any hope to have in-camera Focus Stacking for Sony cameras?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
blue_skies
blue_skies Forum Pro • Posts: 12,117
Re: Is there any hope to have in-camera Focus Stacking for Sony cameras?

Shahrooz51 wrote:

I'm a landscape photographer who uses Sony camera. I'm about to switch to Canon/Nikon just only to have in camera focus stacking. I don't know why Sony has not added this feature to its cameras but I'm looking for hearing any news which Sony is add in this in the new products or updating the current ones via frameware. Appreciate for your valuable input.

Here is an old post:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/61574308

And yes, in principle this can be done through a software application in Imaging Edge Mobile or perhaps a 3rd party (Android?) app.

Sony could add easily add this to the Edge Mobile app (and Desktop App). After all, it would be a remote function.

In-camera was possible using the (PlayMemory) In-Camera Apps, but they are no longer supported for newer models.

As to in-camera processing, don't hold your breath. Aside from being sluggish, it would eat up battery life, and likely won't hold up to mature applications such as Helicon Software.

I see progress in the Digital Imaging software, especially for the Desktop, but the features that you ask for are not yet included.

But do keep asking, imho it is a software feature that can be added to the apps, and perhaps in future FW.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a5100 Sony a7R II Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Sony 75-300mm F4.5-5.6 +35 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow