Looks like GT-2 can deliver a full APSC 60 mm and more!

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Raist3d Forum Pro • Posts: 46,611
Re: I don't think it a good idea...

rondom wrote:

Raist3d wrote:

If Ricoh is not allowing 60mm I am sure their engineers have a good reason for that choice and it's not done on a whim. I for one will not be taping the contacts so that I can get 60mm.

Maybe they could allow it with a lot of *'s and warnings, but that doesn't strike me as a good idea since they who know better have decided against it.

will it explode?

No, but besides putting a risk to the connection and damaging it, it seems straightforward there's an image quality issue.

I don't know why they are not allowing it? there is no apparent vignetting, maybe soft corners? I have no idea.

Any one of those.

What do you think about the label WIDE appearing for a fraction of a second???

Could be a simple firmware glitch where because of the ways the contacts are put, it thought it had the WIDE teleconverter in. It's probably the same firmware for GRIII and GRIIIx with a couple of "IF GRIIIX do this" kind of differences.

That was the most interesting surprise in that video that we all missed when viewing it in real time. I dropped the speed to x.25 to catch that screenshot.

Yes. It doesn't mean you can use the wide teleconverter. As an engineer way back in time said in my college days on a labeled button on the Amiga 3000 back then "Just because the buttons says free sex and beer doesn't mean you'll get it when you press it."

I wouldn't think much of it.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - Apparently Selwyn Duke and not George Orwell

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow