12-XXXmm zoom advice

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
KungFuRamone
OP KungFuRamone Junior Member • Posts: 30
Re: 12-XXXmm zoom advice

AdamT wrote:

Olympus 12-100mm - Quality lens, better reach (bridges the gap to the 100-400), but not sure how it will handle hand held on a G9 with just lens OIS at F4. Anyone with experience of this on a G9?

This is the one to get, the OIS is fantastic, it`s optically superb and balances and handles on the G9 beautifully , its the best superzoom for the system and even notably beats the Legendary Panasonic 14-140-II which is best set at F5.6 through out whereas this can be used at F4 and still be sharper with less CA

Olympus 12-200mm - Ideal focal length, aperture pretty much matching the P12-60. Would use the IBIS of the G9 but not sure how good that would be? Again any experience of this?

The one I tried pretty rubbish much past 50mm if anything larger than social media is important (it made a great 12mm Prime though LOL) - the Panasonic 14-140-II is in a different class altogether but you say you need 12mm , Shame ..

I think I'll scrub the 12-200 off the list, but got eyes on the 14-140 now! I think I can sacrifice a 2mm

-- hide signature --

// Dave
// dave-harrison-ward.picfair.com

KungFuRamone's gear list:KungFuRamone's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow