Canyonlands South Needles Area

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
bjn70 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,397
Re: Thanks

- my first trip to Moab was around 1987. You may remember it. Moab was very small back then. It was really a beginning of a love affair with the West. In 1997 I wound up "opting" for Hawaii and leaving SF Bay Area as I was really into scuba and u/w photography and year-round warm weather. Had we not done that I probably would have been a "desert rat". After 24 years, we realize we have become "weather wimps".

My first trip to Moab was just a few years before 1987.  It was a small quiet town even though mountain bikers had already found it.  The road to Canyonlands Island district was a dirt road, IIRC the visitor center was a mobile home type building.  We did an offroad trip with Lin Ottinger, we visited Arches and we backpacked in Needles District.  Our first trip to Utah was 1981 or so- Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef.  I've been back many times since.  In 2 days we leave for Moab again which will be my 3rd trip to Utah this year.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow