Issue with RF 24-105 L

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP f8f8f8 Regular Member • Posts: 192
Re: Issue with RF 24-105 L

Greg,

Thanks for the video reference. Doesn't paint a favorable picture for the RF 24-105L starting at 12:45. From the additional comments to his video it seems like there is plenty of lens to lens variation. The pics I uploaded were at f8 and the corners should have been improved over f4 AND should have been equal right side vs. left side. That was not the case for my lens. My lens is still in the hands (again) of Canon Factory Service Center in Newport News, VA. I have uploaded both JPEGS and RAW images to them and have had a few conversations with some very nice Canon customer service reps. What truly matters is what they do next. They know that I am posting this situation here. I simply want a good copy of this lens which apparently exists. The question becomes what percent of these RF24-105L lenses are as sharp as those who claim it is and how does one get a hold of one. Conversely, what percent is poor in optical quality and what remedies are available if your lens falls into this latter group. Especially being an "L" lens with a price of $1,100.00 you would think that Canon would have corrected this situation with improved production/design, improved factory QC testing, and when that fails improved service center repair testing. For me that has yet to happen. I hope to hear some good news from the service center. Hope that I am not being overly optimistic.

Here's the Gordon Laing video link for those who are interested. The L lens review starts at about 12:45.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nnxwzRYVPY

f8f8f8

f8f8f8's gear list:f8f8f8's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow