Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Knorp
Knorp Veteran Member • Posts: 3,057
New Firmware v1.20

highdesertmesa wrote:

Zorki-6 wrote:

JimKasson wrote:

gurtch wrote:

I did the test, identical scene with an 8.5"x11" paper in foreground to identify each scene. I did not use a tripod, but there is such huge file size differences I now know I set the camera correctly, but the menu does not indicate so.

1. UNCOMPRESSED = 203,179 mb

2. COMPRESSED = 69,179 mb

3. Attempt to set "LOSSLESS", but Menu says "COMPRESSED" = 118,420

As you would expect uncompressed is biggest, compressed is smallest, and lossless (although not indicated in menu settings) falls in the middle. I will post the actual photos (converted to small file size jpg) later.

Good news.

Confirmed bug with Fuji technical support in the UK, will apparently be fixed with the next firmware update. Not sure what support is like in other territories but they're very good here, direct line straight through to someone with access to the camera/lens in question.

We just got a firmware update yesterday, and I'm hoping this is fixed. It's annoying to not see the right selection in the menu after having selected it (even if it is working).

https://fujifilm-x.com/en-us/support/download/firmware/cameras/gfx100s/

EDIT: Confirmed issue is fixed:

Hurrah ! And about time too ... 
..............................................................................................................................
Bart

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow