Anyone using the Sigma 12-24mm f/4 DG with R5?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
hunk
hunk Veteran Member • Posts: 3,397
Re: Anyone using the Sigma 12-24mm f/4 DG with R5?

John Sheehy wrote:

Luis Gabriel Photography wrote:

Just wondering how good the corners are and overall performance with the R5.
Of course, copy to copy variances mean any feedback does not guarantee I will get the same but I am still curious.

I don't know that lens; I have its predecessor from about 15 years ago, and IBIS needs to be disabled, because the R5 thinks that the focal length is an 85mm prime. If this problem also exists with the lens you are considering, then you may be OK with no IBIS for such a short focal length, and need to turn off IBIS.

If you have an IS lens mounted, and remove it, to switch to a lens that you don't want IBIS enabled for, the easiest thing to do is to turn the IS off on the lens that you will be removing, and then turn the lens IS back on when the lens is disconnected. This will turn off IBIS in the camera, without you having to go into the menus, and when you put the IS lens back on, the body will see that the switch is on, and enable IBIS again in tandem with the lens IS.

I use the Sigma 12-24 f/4 DG on Eos R, R5, 5DmkIV and it behaves perfectly, just like any of my RF lenses. IBIS works fine, exif is perfect.
This lens is 100% compatible and the quality... well, look at my samples, I'm a happy customer. 
I bought a RF 16mm to tackle the weight issue when hiking.

hunk's gear list:hunk's gear list
Olympus Stylus 725 SW Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Panasonic GH5 Canon EOS R Canon EOS R5 +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow