off-camera lighting

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
math guy
OP math guy Senior Member • Posts: 2,827
Re: off-camera lighting

idsurfer wrote:

Nice job! Now grab a cheap reflector to raise the shadows on the opposite side of the flash.

Thanks, Cory. I have a small hand-held collapsible reflector that I got years ago for some outdoor portraits. But without an assistant to hold it, I need to find a way to mount it on a second light stand or tripod. I think they make clips for that.

A friend who is a professional photographer suggested I look into v-flats . I had never heard of them before, but among other uses they offer a pretty simple way to add in some fill light. But they are also pretty big, and I don't have a studio to put everything in.

Shooting with OCF is super fun!

Yep - I can already tell I'm going to enjoy it. It's a completely different type of photography than what I've done for years. It's fun to learn something new.

-- hide signature --

-- Joe S.
If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. ~ Albert Einstein
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183511745@N03/

math guy's gear list:math guy's gear list
Sony a6400 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 20mm F2.8 Sigma 30mm F1.4 (E/EF-M mounts) Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN (E/EF-M mounts) +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow