Where has this obsession with comparison come from ?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
New Day Rising
New Day Rising Senior Member • Posts: 6,496
Re: Where has this obsession with comparison come from ?

Lensmate wrote:

Travis Nicky Bombastus wrote:

Lensmate wrote:

Travis Nicky Bombastus wrote:

Sony makes appliances

Nice try at smearing...

-M

Horrible ergonomics, too, but that's only part of the problem.

Need a tissue, or maybe a Waaambulance?

-M

I think Travis's statements are fair and not smearing or whining. The fact is that Sony cameras tend to generate divided responses. Most photographers would agree that they make products that are technically very good, but for everyone who really likes their ergonomics and the overall experience of using one there is someone else who finds them unsatisfying and unenjoyable to use.

Personally, Sony FF is very much on the table for my next upgrade but more because I know the camera will produce good output with good AF etc, and the system has a great range of affordable lenses. Having used several Sony cameras previously (NEX-5, NEX-6, A6000, A7ii - as well as RX100 FWIW) I will be keeping Fujifilm for when I just want to enjoy the act of photography itself and have Nikon FF on the table because I know they will also just be more enjoyable to use than Sony.

-- hide signature --

All lies and jests; Still a man hears what he wants to hear; And disregards the rest

New Day Rising's gear list:New Day Rising's gear list
Nikon D7200 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Fujifilm X-T2 Sony RX100 Nikon D50 +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
MOD Smaug01
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow