GFX 100S New User Questions

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gurtch Forum Member • Posts: 83
GFX 100S New User Questions

I am the one who posted the topic of third party books to help set up the camera. Well today I sat down with the PDF manual page by page and I have several "settings" questions. My biggest concern is regarding selecting RAW RECORDING settings. I want to shoot RAW, of course, but I want to select "lossless compression", as it makes sense to get the best quality and take up less storage space. So, Raw Recording has three choices: 1. Uncompressed --->14 bit or 16 bit

2. Lossless  --->  14 bit or 16 bit

3.Compressed  --->  14 bit or 16 bit

I have tried a dozen times to select "Lossless, 16 bit" when I press Menu/OK to select it, it keeps showing up as "Compressed" in the menu. I have no idea what is going on.

The other questions are something that I should change based on scene, lighting, etc, if I were a pro, but I am not. I want to "set it and forget it". These are "Dynamic Range" settings of Auto, 100%, 200% 400%, and also Clarity settings of "Auto" or  -5 to 0 to +5. Right now I set them both to "Auto", but I do not think that was the default setting when I got the camera.

Thanks all for helping an old guy having fun.

Dave in NJ

www.modernpictorials.com

gurtch's gear list:gurtch's gear list
Sony a7R IV Fujifilm GFX 100S
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow