Where has this obsession with comparison come from ?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Regular Member • Posts: 394
Re: Where has this obsession with comparison come from ?

z2122 wrote:

Travis Nicky Bombastus wrote:

z2122 wrote:

Since I have a Nikon Z6 and some Z zooms and primes I stoppec to compare my equipment with other brands. Nikon Z primes are in the top 95% IQ wise...

What percentile would you say the Z-bodies are in?

good question. For my style of shooting (travel, portraits and family events) the Z6 is still my favorite. Would I start today with a new system, I would buy a used Z6 or a used Z7, because that is sufficient for my style of photography and I like the Nikon lenses a lot. If you are looking for best AF tracking capabilities, Canon and Sony are better, but the R5 is too expensive for me and I would miss the top OLED with the R6.

So the Z7 II and Z7 are top for landscape - the Z6 II is somewhere in the middle of the field compared to others - maybe at 80-85% but you get very good value for the money.

That is a good analysis and meshes well with my thinking. If you take away al the moving subjects, the Z's would be at the top of the heap.

Sony makes appliances and Canon is over-priced and a few years behind (so much so that DPR went out of its way to compare the R3 to the 2 year old--and thousands of dollars cheaper--Sony A9 II).

-- hide signature --

“He who establishes his argument by noise and command, shows that his reason is weak.”

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
MOD Smaug01
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow