7DIII?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Mark B.
Mark B. Forum Pro • Posts: 29,004
Re: Let it go...

Tannin wrote:

Mark B. wrote:

No. Canon has made it about as obvious as they can without actually putting out a press release that there will be no more DSLRs developed. Mirrorless is what they are doing now. Whether not there will be a Mirrorless APS-C remains to be seen.

If this is true, they are mad. Stark, raving mad. SLR lovers are standing around with money in their pockets waiting for things to buy. No 7D III, no 5D V, what were they thinking?

They're thinking that DSLRs have gone as far as they can, and there is new technology available.  Same thing happened when DSLRs were new in the early 2000s; to this day there are those that still shoot with film.

I'm still using my 7D II for birding, air shows, etc until there's either an APS-C mirrorless that's comparable or a high mp FF that can be cropped when needed but within my budget.  Right now neither are available, but in the meantime I'm really enjoying my R6 for all other photography.

I'm an examp0le. I used to spend a fortune on cameras and lenses. These last few years, I've spent that same money on musical instruments because there aren't any nice cameras to buy that I haven't already got (yes, I tried an R for a year- it was awful), and only one lens I particularly fancy (the 400 DO/4 - and I'm reluctant to buy one of those when I Canon won't guarantee production of bodies to suit it for its expected working life). Multiply me by the thousands upon thousands of others out there who are now sitting on their wallets because Canon is too stupid to service a ready market, and we are talking serious money they have walked away from.

But there are many more that are spending money on mirrorless tech.  It's just the way it is.  They can't keep one foot in the past while trying to keep up with new developments.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow