Where has this obsession with comparison come from ?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
z2122
z2122 Senior Member • Posts: 1,797
Re: Where has this obsession with comparison come from ?

Travis Nicky Bombastus wrote:

z2122 wrote:

Since I have a Nikon Z6 and some Z zooms and primes I stoppec to compare my equipment with other brands. Nikon Z primes are in the top 95% IQ wise...

What percentile would you say the Z-bodies are in?

good question.  For my style of shooting (travel, portraits and family events) the Z6 is still my favorite. Would I start today with a new system, I would buy a used Z6 or a used Z7, because that is sufficient for my style of photography and I like the Nikon lenses a lot.  If you are looking for best AF tracking capabilities, Canon and Sony are better, but the R5 is too expensive for me and I would miss the top OLED with the R6.

So the Z7 II and Z7 are top for landscape -  the Z6 II is somewhere in the middle of the field compared to others -  maybe at 80-85% but you get very good value for the money.

-- hide signature --

“He who establishes his argument by noise and command, shows that his reason is weak.”

-- hide signature --

catch the light - explore emotions

z2122's gear list:z2122's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 35mm F1.8 Nikon Z 85mm F1.8 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
MOD Smaug01
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow