Please help

Started Oct 4, 2021 | Discussions thread
gordonpritchard Veteran Member • Posts: 5,071
Here's an example of my point about flattening.

Horacecoker wrote:

Q-ball wrote:

gordonpritchard wrote:

Q-ball wrote:

gordonpritchard wrote:

It may look flattened to you but might not be to PShop.

So, first check your layers to make sure that your image is actually "flattened" before saving.

I would be very surprised if Photoshop requires an image to be flattened manually before you can save it as a jpeg.

In Photoshop Elements you can certainly save a multi-layer image directly as a jpeg without having to first manually flatten the image.

But of course when you re-open the saved jpeg into PSE it comes in as a single background layer.

And yet it has done that to me at least.

ok I'm not a Photoshop user so I don't know why it would do that.

I am a PS user and have never needed to flatten layers to save as a jpeg. I would have thought that anybody who has recently updated PS would know it was obvious what the OP's problem was.

Okay, some screen shots:

Top image has two layers. Note that the save menu does not include jpg option while the flattened image below allows saving as a jpg.

You can search about layers in jpgs to confirm that jpgs don't support layers. If your experience is different then please show us how to save a layered image in jpg format.

As I originally wrote, the OP should make sure that their image is flattened before saving as jpg.

-- hide signature --

———————————————————————------
"View their gallery before accepting their comments."
———————————————————————------
My photos: http://www.gordonpritchard.blogspot.com/

gordonpritchard's gear list:gordonpritchard's gear list
Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Nikon Coolpix P950 Sony SLT-A57 Sony a77 II Sony 500mm F8 Reflex +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow