What photobackpack do you use & K3iii charging

Started Oct 4, 2021 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Hunter-OR New Member • Posts: 5
What photobackpack do you use & K3iii charging

Finally got my K3iii and am working on learning all (or at least some) of the options.  It seemed like an easy jump from the K5ii if I just wanted to shoot, but now I need to start taking advantage of all the features and options.

With the upgrade in equipment 2 questions popped up that I would like to ask for help with:

1) I am trying to travel light for a trip and debating between the external charger from my K5ii and the new USB charger that plugs into camera directly.  Has anyone tried using an iPad Pro USB C charging cable and block to charge their camera instead of the provided block and cable?  Cables should be cables (other than that built in filter).  It could save packing space if the USB C chargers are safely interchangeable.

2) Probably more complex, the new camera isn't really requiring me to get a larger bag, but adding the DFA 150-450 lens and the HD DA AF 1.4 teleconverter does.

My main bag has been a Lowepro Pro Runner 200 AW into which I have managed to squeeze my K5ii with grip & DA* 16-50 2.8, Sigma 8-16, DA 55-300 (ED or PLM not both), DFA 100 macro, and DA 18-135, with a few filters and cleaning tools.  No room for flash, but for hikes I haven't needed one often and used the K5 pop-up flash for fill in the past when needed.

Now with the addition of the 1.4 tele and the DFA 150-450 I need a larger bag.  It would be nice to be able to carry a flash for long trips and a good attachment for tripod for hikes.  I have been interested in the Peak Design Travel 45L bag, Lowepro Pro Tactic 450, Mindshift Backlight 36 or 45L, and the new (soon to be released) Shimoda Explore v.2 35L bag.  Unfortunately, here on the Oregon coast there aren't any places I can go to handle any of the bags.  If you have a similar diversity of equipment, what do you use?  Any feedback on these or other possibilities will be appreciated as always.  David

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow