Canon's Digest movies and Video snapshots

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
OP pocus Regular Member • Posts: 128
Re: Canon's Digest movies

Advi wrote:

But be aware pictures are taken in AUTO mode, I mean, you cannot control Aperture or Shutter Speed. But it is not an issue, because the camera is very good at guessing the right settings.

This feature is also available at iPhone. Someone showed me his pictures using this mode once.

Thanks for your reply. This is the problem - I must always shoot in Auto mode, which makes me use the camera like a mobile phone. Did Canon want to incorporate phone functions in their cameras?

If I want to use any mode different from Digest movie I have to rotate the dial for each picture. Ugh. Otherwise I'll have to use my phone to take a short video before I take a picture.

All you need to do is to turn the dial and instead of Aperture, Manual, or Time Value, select Digest Movie mode.

That being said, sometimes I took some pictures in digest movies mode and the movies were not recorded. It is not reliable, at least in my camera. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. (maybe because I'm still using firmware 1.0.0 in my M50)

For me Digest movie and Movie Snapshot are confusing and not sure how reliable they are. I spent half a day to understand their function and purpose.

pocus's gear list:pocus's gear list
Canon G5 X II Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM Canon EF-M 32mm F1.4
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow