A1: How do I set movie clips to record muted? - Different tracking than stills?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
SimpleUser
OP SimpleUser Regular Member • Posts: 208
Re: A1: How do I set movie clips to record muted? - Different tracking than stills?

AlephNull wrote:

I don't recall a setting to mute the sound, but you could always set the recording volume to minimum.

Thanks - resolved.

I think it is a daft way to do that, but you have to switch the selector dial to "movie" to get the "full" movie settings, where you can affect muting the movie clips, as well as setting the S&Q, PP etc.

Then you can save and switch back to the stills/ custom (1-2-3) selector dial options, and save. either way, you should get the desired results.

It seems like a daft way, since some of the video options are also available on the stills menu, but not all.

I feel like Sony as missed a bunch of useful stuff there:

1 - keep to a single menu that reaches everything, even at the expense of "breaking out" an additional tab

2 - each tab should have its own numbered sub-division, so one can know that in the photo (camera icon) you have 15 pages, video (film icon) you have 10 pages...etc...

This will enable one to map the functions or just know to look for something again because you missed it, without having to browse for hours trying to figure where you left off.

In the category of "what to improve on" - this is a very desirable thing.

As far as build - they switched from the SLT fully articulated screen configuration to the tilt-only, and I really don't understand their decision. They took a predominantly outstanding quality, and botched it. Even when considering "touch screen" - they could have provided a thin space or a protruding bezel that would guard it from accidentally being manipulated when "closed off" (back of screen - outwards, for use of the EVF only..), and preventing some accidental screen scratches.

But..what do I know? -I'm just a consumer...

-- hide signature --

NK88
Sony A9 | Sony A1 || Sony FE 200-600 g OSS | Sony F2.8 70-200 GM OSS| Sony TCx1.4 || LA-Ea4 | LA-EA5 | Tokina 19-35 | Sigma F4.5 500mm| Minolta AF f8 500mm mirror|

SimpleUser's gear list:SimpleUser's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R IV Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS Sony 1.4x Teleconverter (2016) Sony 2x Teleconverter (2016) +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow