Camera for the Month of October - SD1/M

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Scottelly
Scottelly Forum Pro • Posts: 16,696
Across America with the SD1 Merrill

I love my SD1 Merrill, but I miss my SD Quattro H. It's definitely an excellent camera, and whether it be with my 8-16 EX, 100-400 OS C, or one of my Art lenses, I can make some high-quality images with the SD1 Merrill. I don't know about comparing to an SD15 or some other pre-Merrill body, but I like the colors I get from my Merrill about as much as I like the colors I got from my SD Quattro H.

About these photos: I shot the first one with my 14-24mm f2.8 Art lens and the last one with my 50mm f1.4 Art. I shot Devil's Tower with my 24-70mm f2.8 OS Art lens, and I shot the bison with my 100-400 OS C handheld, probably out the window of my SUV, because I don't want to get killed by a mad bison. I used my 8-16 for the rainbow shot. It does bother me that when I set my 8-16 on infinity, sometimes it seems to focus just a few yards out, and stuff a few hundred yards away seems to be slightly out of focus. I thought I knew this lens better by now.

I will persevere . . . at least until I get a Tokina 10-17mm fisheye and a 14-24 f2.8 G for my Nikon.

-- hide signature --

Scott Barton Kennelly
https://www.bigprintphotos.com/

Scottelly's gear list:Scottelly's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Nikon D810 Sigma sd Quattro H Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM +26 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow