Panasonic G9 Portraits, Impressive Tonality.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SteveNunez
SteveNunez Contributing Member • Posts: 970
Panasonic G9 Portraits, Impressive Tonality.

Hey guys, I am a long-time micro 4/3 shooter and always had the older 16mp sensor cams. I also shoot with a ff Pan S5, Sony A7III and Canon R6 (and many other cameras) and am usually pleased with the FF cameras' capture of tonalities in portraits but this Panasonic G9 has truly surprised me with it's dynamic range in raw.

I just picked up the G9 a day ago and shot these photos of my daughter 2 hours ago (Oly 45mm f1.8 lens) and am pleased with the tonal range these new 20mp sensors can capture. These were shot in ambient light and I nudged them a bit in Photoshop. I can see why shooters are really enjoying their G9's.....I am looking forward to using this G9 and look forward to seeing what you guys post with this camera.

Cheers and happy shooting~~
--
Steve Nunez~South Florida Artist
www.stevenunez.com
Pan G85,GF7/9, Oly EM 1, Lytro Illum, Nikon D5600,P1000 & Canon T100 Others~~

SteveNunez's gear list:SteveNunez's gear list
Lytro Illum Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF7 Panasonic GX850 +4 more
Canon EOS R6 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-S5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow