Replace aging MBP with iPad Pro for Travel?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
acnomad
OP acnomad Regular Member • Posts: 111
Re: Replace aging MBP with iPad Pro for Travel?

ChrisLumix wrote:

I'm sure you've had lots of good advice already, but FWIW here's my two pennorth: I think for the majority of things, the iPad is AOK. The only reservation is if you need to do 'heavy lifting', e.g. using FileMaker or Photoshop then the iPad isn't there yet. On the other hand if you're happy to switch to Affinity Photos, their iPad version is serious stuff and written specially for iPad.

So for 80% (or even more) of what you use the MBP for, the iPad will be fine. Just be aware of the price - the M1 MBA won't weigh significantly more and can be picked up for less money.

I think you and several others have come to the same conclusion: the MBA with M1 is the best and most sensible solution for most. Also, thanks for using the term "pennorth." I had to look it up to confirm what I suspected it meant!

acnomad's gear list:acnomad's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow