Where has this obsession with comparison come from ?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
softmarmotte
OP softmarmotte Veteran Member • Posts: 3,742
Re: Where has this obsession with comparison come from ?

Photodog2 wrote:

I do of course but I don't make it a point to talk about it on Internet forums. I might have done so in just replying to existing threads. I'm not into initiating or promoting such discussions is what I meant with my original sentence. I acknowledge that they can be useful when one is trying to make purchase decisions or just increase knowledge. I didn't think that was the point of the OP though.

You are right Photodog2, that wasn't my point...Comparing before purchasing is, I think normal but chasing your tail in ever decreasing circles to compare all these 'things'...?

Smaug's point just below thta it is results we should be comparing is very valid and well made and yes the fora where photos and photography is discussed are a much 'nicer' place to be. In the Olympus SLR forum there daily delightful threads and tempered discussions and comparing our photography. It's a joy to be there and I don't recall a rude discussion in the last 2 years. Andrew and Roel, as well as Bostonboy and Kim curate some lovely threads there

-- hide signature --

anyone is welcome to do anything they want with my images except sell them for profit
https://www.flickr.com/photos/softmarmotte/

softmarmotte's gear list:softmarmotte's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
MOD Smaug01
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow