Sony A1 viewing/sorting software for lossless arw

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
SimpleUser
OP SimpleUser Regular Member • Posts: 208
Re: Sony A1 viewing/sorting software for lossless arw

dcstep wrote:

SimpleUser wrote:

Gnits wrote:

I would also suggest Fast Raw Viewer for previewing, selecting.

I suggest you copy from sd card to a fast external Ssd drive, such as the Samsung T7. Use this as a buffer storage. Use the full features of FRV to identify your selects. When comfortable, copy only the selects to your workstation. Clear the T7 when you are comfortable that you have your picks copied and backed up.

I know from experience that FRV are responsive to suggested improvements and expect that the ergonomics of FRV will improve going forward.

Read carefully the documentation regarding the default behaviour for selecting images and decide if you would prefer to use the default FRV or a more traditional use of keyboard shortcuts.

It is real easy to modify the keyboard shortcuts. I changed them in my setup so they are similar to what I use in Lr.

I plan to get a Gnarbox, so that I can copy from card to Gnarbox in the field. On return to base / hotel I will then use FRV to flag my selects on the Gnarbox, then use the FRV features to copy and rename my keepers to my workstation.

Tried out a copy of FRV, and it did not suceed in uploading the phots at all. Using the C1e as the sorting application, and next I will use the ARW+JPG to scull the jpg and hence the ARW.

I shoot ARW-only and FRV quickly opens all my files. I wonder if you have the latest version. No need for ARW+JPG with FRV.

Seems that most can open ARW or compressed ARW but not lossless ARW.

-- hide signature --

NK88
Sony A9 | Sony A1 || Sony FE 200-600 g OSS | Sony F2.8 70-200 GM OSS| Sony TCx1.4 || LA-Ea4 | LA-EA5 | Tokina 19-35 | Sigma F4.5 500mm| Minolta AF f8 500mm mirror|

SimpleUser's gear list:SimpleUser's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R IV Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS Sony 1.4x Teleconverter (2016) Sony 2x Teleconverter (2016) +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow