Sony A1 viewing/sorting software for lossless arw

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
SimpleUser
OP SimpleUser Regular Member • Posts: 208
Re: Sony A1 viewing/sorting software for lossless arw

Erwann Loison wrote:

dibs2010 wrote:

SimpleUser wrote:

Anybody know of a fast and capable Sony A1 viewing/sorting software for lossless arw?

I mean a freeware that can help weed out the bad photos and reduce them to the ones I want to focus my attention on?

Not freeware but FastRawViewer if pretty amazing in terms of just the sheer speed with which it can handle your culling tasks. You can try a 30 day free trial from their website.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1188647-REG/fastrawviewer_frv1be_fastrawviewer.html

I've got to agree that for the money this software is just alone displaying full raws that fast, it's totally worth it (and they added a1 support some time ago).
I'm using it through LAN on a NAS drive on the 60mp files from the a7RIV and they display instantly at 100% magnification, which is "life-changing" (in term of culling).
The default keyboard mapping is not the most streamlined with usual other tools but that can be changed.

W×™hen I had my A7Riv (before replacing it with A1), my ImageGlass was enough to do the job. The problem in not file size, as many assume , but format - lossless ARW is just not popular and not supported by most software.

I still had to use the C1e to do the job, and edited on it, since my usual editing software was able to create thumbnails, but no to upload the full photo for editing. I allready approached the software developers for a solution.

-- hide signature --

NK88
Sony A9 | Sony A1 || Sony FE 200-600 g OSS | Sony F2.8 70-200 GM OSS| Sony TCx1.4 || LA-Ea4 | LA-EA5 | Tokina 19-35 | Sigma F4.5 500mm| Minolta AF f8 500mm mirror|

SimpleUser's gear list:SimpleUser's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R IV Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS Sony 1.4x Teleconverter (2016) Sony 2x Teleconverter (2016) +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow