M31 - My First Real Deep Sky Image

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
OP SkySpades Regular Member • Posts: 221
Re: M31 - My First Real Deep Sky Image

DavidWright2010 wrote:

This is an excellent 'first effort'. Well done!

I tried changing the red saturation by -40% and thought that looked better, I also tried setting a different black point and gained some contrast. Also, although it's difficult to do any real 'processing' on a jpg, I think you could have pulled out a bit more of the fainter fringes.

But these are minor changes (which I could post if you'd care to see them.)

You did an excellent job of controlling the core brightness.

Do you see that faint, wide green stripe going from just left of the nucleus to the bottom of the frame?

David

Thanks, David!

Please feel free to post the image you edited. I could start to see some of the nebulosity in the spiral arms and thought that reducing the red any more would take away from that. When I get more confident in my processing (or get a Ha filter), I'll hopefully be able to balance the entire image a little better and pop the nebulosity a bit more.

I did notice the green stripe but couldn't find a good way to get rid of it. Suggestions?

Thank you for the input!

SkySpades's gear list:SkySpades's gear list
Nikon D500 Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM Art
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow