Do we get too obsessed by "real"?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
GnarlydogOZ
GnarlydogOZ Senior Member • Posts: 1,496
Re: Great biking climate

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Australia has been said to be “the Lucky Country” - it should have been said about biking. We have so much of the year when the weather is favourable.

It is possible to rug up in cold weather but somehow the cold weather additions remove quite a lot of the tactile feedback. The rider who could bare knuckle on a frosty day has my admiration and wonderment on just how good their circulation might be. Thick warm gloves prevent frostbite.

On the other side of the coin, we don’t often realise just how hot that black leather gear is on a warmish day until we stop.

Here we have an image of a mans modern day steed that still demands a lot of affection and care just like his ancestor’s horse, but is happy to sit quietly in a relatively small space when not being ridden. It might need lots of affection but at least it does not need lots of hay and a paddock to run around in when not saddled up.

I would wonder why the average biker would not focus on such a lovely steed and let the pure and perfect background fall into soft focus.

You have represented well here and it cannot be faulted - an image should draw the viewers attention to its subject matter in a manner that pleases the eye.

That you can do this with one of your converted lenses is a real achievement.

Oh that I was a bit younger and had not given myself so many other tasks in life and I would spend some misbegotten old age exploring Australia on two wheels.

thank you.

With your outstandingly eloquent comment you indeed support my theory that an image is incredibly subjective, and emotional only if one had the life experience to feel that.

To somebody that has not ridden a motorcycle (as you say, the modern horse) your explanation of what you feel by observing my image is totally lost. Some might even feel enraged or repulsed by such image (maybe a bad experience with a motorcycle?) while you, on the other hand, long for the freedom and excitement that such machine can bring.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow