ZX11 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,470
Re: Marked up image with various issues/non-issues

birdbrain wrote:

Karl_Guttag wrote:

birdbrain wrote:

Karl_Guttag wrote:

birdbrain wrote:

ZX11 wrote:

It looks like heat damage. Heat warping the thin plastic inner cover. Large glass lens in sun for a few minutes magnifying the heat/light, perhaps.

A great toy I had as a kid was a lens from an old film camera that could be used on a sunny day to burn wood in thin lines. Drawing pictures. Or burn ants.

I more worried by the orange coloured bit sticking out on the right and the bit missing from the lens surround on the left.

Are you talking about the table showing through the lens hood on the right? That is is perfectly normal as there is a gap in the hood on both sides with the short petals.

Ah ha 😬

On the left is that a bit of the lens surround that’s missing?

It would help if you were more specific. For reference, I have marked up everything I see. I don't see anything missing from the lens. I see something funny looking that seems to be wedged into the lens hood, but that is added and not missing. See the marked-up image below.

It’s a MKI that’s had a hard life in all honesty.

In in honesty I have to admit I spend my life looking through the other end of a lens 😬

Looks to me like the beginning area of the lens' thread the hood locks onto.  Where the thread stops and the hood notch enters.

I don't use filters and like using hoods primarily to protect the front of the lens.  Always have them facing out when in use.

-- hide signature --

"Very funny, Scotty! Now beam me down my clothes."
"He's dead, Jim! You grab his tri-corder. I'll get his wallet."

ZX11's gear list:ZX11's gear list
Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon 70-200 F2.8L III Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow