Which one of these long exposure night photos is the best?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RJDG14 Regular Member • Posts: 140
Which one of these long exposure night photos is the best?

I took these night time long exposure images earlier today of the A419 Blunsdon Hill near Swindon in the UK, and I'm trying to decide which one of them is the best. I plan to submit one of them next month for a monthly photo competition on a British roads-related forum I use.

Personally I like the first one best, but the 2m high metal railings on either side of the bridge they were taken from sort of get a little in the way. I could not easily get my lens any closer because of a raised concrete section on either side of the path across the bridge. The others were taken with a zoom lens which was able to zoom beyond a view field containing the railings but they suffer a small amount of glare from the car lights. I believe that this was either caused by reflections being projected from behind onto the bridge railings, which was subsequently picked up by my camera, or a reflection caused by the the 1A filter that's currently stuck to my zoom lens. Due to the age of my zoom lens, it's not fully supported by my DSLR's firmware either and so the aperture must permanently be set at its highest or otherwise the camera will display an error. This meant that I had to limit the time to 10-20 seconds rather than a full 30 on the zoomed in photos to stop them from being overexposed.

Anyway, these are the photos. Considering the issues that I stated, which one of them is the best in your opinion?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow