Where to find drop in filter holder for 800mm lens?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
dave gaines
dave gaines Veteran Member • Posts: 9,664
Long wait for drop in filter holder

Go to Helen Waite.

I was looking for an extra filter holder for my 300 mm f/2.8 G which also has a 52 mm filter thread. Check the Nikon Website for compatibility of the filter holder and you'll find the 52 mm holder fits various telephoto lenses. I found it's one filter holder that fits nearly all of them.

I wanted the filter holder for using ND filters for long shutter speed, slow motion affects.

I'd skip the gelatin filter holder as the glass filter is supposedly part of the lens formula. It needs to be in place. Gelatin filters have a different thickness than glass filters.

Last year, 12 months ago, I ordered one from B&H when they predicted a 2 to 4 week back order time. Nikon did not have them in stock for sale. I waited 8 months for a notice from B&H that they had it and would be shipping one too me. I was about to cancel the order when I got the notice.

You might get very lucky and find one used on eBay.

So, as I said up front, go to hel 'n waite.

-- hide signature --

Dave - Be safe. Stay Healthy.

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +17 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow